Living in a limbo


  Yes, I was wrong. In calling the office as wonderland in my last post. Its actually a mini rural Maharashtra. Most of the employees come from distant villages in that state and they commit three most despicable sins.
   
       1. They don’t read my blog
 2.  They don’t laugh at my jokes
 3.   NO INGLIS

See? This is where I run in trouble due to my addiction to English puns and idioms. My frequent references to different sitcoms and dramadies on Star World are met with blank stares, I come across graduates (in Marathi) who spell ‘cylinder’ with‘s’ and ‘eradication’ with ‘I’. Contrary to my Germany educated cousins, (ahem) the office people think my English is impeccable and I get respect to a point where it becomes uncomfortable.  The situation is so awful that I had to create an imaginary English speaking friend (who look and talks like Agent Smith in Matrix.) to preserve my English skills.

Anyway, I have started spreading my awesomeness in the office by helping a couple of employees open their own Marathi blog and introduced them to Flipkart and Myntra but still I am suffocating in this office. You see, my mental health depends heavily on flirting and there is not a single girl employed in this office. Now I know how the army people feel.

I personally tried to suggest the editor to consider employing at least a receptionist in the office but then he said he wanted people to concentrate only on work and nothing else.  I asked him what if the presence of the receptionist made people happy and helped them perform well. He told me to shut up and get out of his cabin.

So that’s how it is. It’s a wholly Marathi office of a Marathi daily. There’s no women,  no YouTube, Facebook, not even Twitter, because the daily focuses more on local affairs and I am the only alien who edits the only page dedicated to national and international affairs. Looking at our office, I am sometimes reminded of a Chinese proverb

If we don’t change our direction, we’ll end up where we are headed. 

Comments

  1. i agree but i disagree... may be others are thinking totally opposite..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to dad

Travelling in a bus

The battle over 300